Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We are but Instruments

"When God calls you to himself, he also calls you to be a servant, an instrument in his redeeming hands."

I'm reading this book by Paul David Tripp. Depending on how much I like this book (and some other more important things), I might go to seminary to become a counselor.
As a Christian counselor my news must be first the Good News. "Hope is only to be found in Jesus Christ, the King of Kings. In him, lasting, personal heart change is possible. Any other message encourages false hope."

"We must offer not a system of redemption, but a Redeemer." This is because the essence of personal ministry is turning people away from finding hope in anything but Jesus. "He is the only answer, so we must never offer a message that is less than the good news. We don't offer people a system; we point them to a Redeemer. He is hope."

I write all these things in quotes because I couldn't say these things better in my own words. I think it is important for me to begin to wrap my head around these thoughts before I can progress any further.

No comments: